Esthetics Class Start Dates:
*January 3, 2017 *February 14, 2017 *June 20, 2017 *August 1, 2017 *September 12, 2017 *October 24, 2017
*February 27, 2018 *April 10, 2018 *May 22, 2018 *July 3, 2018 *November 6, 2018 *December 18, 2018
* Students who complete Esthetics requirements and training at Independence College of Cosmetology are eligible to take an extra exam to earn a CIDESCO Diploma, the world’s most prestigious beauty qualification.
View a YouTube video regarding CIDESCO at the following link: CIDESCO Video
1,125 Hours + 75 hours of continuing education to meet CIDESCO requirements
This is a 1,125 hour course, meeting five days per week, seven hours per day, Tuesday through Saturday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. with a one-hour lunch break, equaling a 35 hour week. The Course is taught in English.
The Esthetics course is divided into three class segments, with student spa training after each class segment. Segment A covers numerous types of facials; Segment B covers full body massage, body machines and makeup and Segment C covers natural nail care, body treatments, reflexology, hair removal and state law. These segments are taught in rotation and may cover the material in any order, depending on class start dates. The segments are delivered using lectures, DVDs, power point presentations and demonstrations in combination with practical experience. The 75 continuing education hours for CIDESCO qualification are provided, at no charge, on 13 Mondays @ 6 hours each, throughout the course.
A designated part of each weekday is spent in theory class studying chapters over anatomy, human relations, psychology, salesmanship, procedures, machine use and sanitation, to name a few. Exams are given as subjects are covered. Students receive certificates of completion for segments of the training as they are earned.
CIDESCO: Comite International D’Esthetique et de Cosmetologie
CIDESCO is the international organization for estheticians who study skin care, body care, body massage, hair removal, make-up and natural nail care. Independence College of Cosmetology is honored to be the second CIDESCO School in the United States. We follow a curriculum set forth by CIDESCO, which is recognized worldwide.
At the completion of esthetics training, the graduate will be qualified to pass the Missouri State Board Exam and receive a professional Esthetics license, enabling the individual to perform any esthetic service required in a salon or spa. Graduates will be able to analyze and treat various skin problems through the use of treatments, massages, machines and products. They will also be familiar with facial treatments, makeup techniques, microdermabrasion, hair removal techniques and the business practices of a skin care operation. The student will be knowledgeable in treatments for the full body, including massage, cellulite treatments, manicures and pedicures. This knowledge and skill will prepare graduates for work in the esthetics industry as a facialist, masseuse, makeup artist, spa owner, spa products representative or spa manager. Students are eligible to sit for the international CIDESCO exam after 1,200 hours.
The instructors train the estheticians at Independence College of Cosmetology to meet the CIDESCO international requirements, in addition to the requirements for the Missouri State Board exam. This College’s international esthetics course includes the following segments:
- Facial massage
- Skin care products
- Facials with machines
- Treatments of all skin types
- Skin diseases and disorders
- Facial paraffin
- Glycolic wash
- Vacuum massage face treatment
- Swedish Full Body Massage
- Full Body Massage with Aromatherapy
- Full Body Massage with Steamy Wonder
- Full Body Massage with GX99 machine
- Chair Massage
- Indications & Contraindications
- Hydrotherapy, Microcurrent
- Glacier Salt Glow (exfoliation)
- Mudd Fango (hydration, remineralization)
- Vacuum Massage Body Treatment
- Theraffin Treatments for hands and feet
- Body Wrapping
- Indications & Contraindications
- Application and Procedures
- Lash and Brow Tinting
- Eyebrow arching
- Artificial Lash Application
Manicuring & Pedicuring:
- Leg Massage
- Hard Wax for:
Hairline, Brows, Sideburns, Upper Lip, Chin, Nape of Neck, Under Arms, Lower Arms, Upper Arms, Stomach, Bikini, Upper Legs, Lower Legs, Toes, Fingers, Upper Back and Lower Back.
Also included: CIDESCO preparatory Class, Clinical Business Practices, Professional Image, Salon Business, Selling Products and Services, Sterilization / Disinfection, Nutrition, Consultation, Indications & Contraindications, State Law and more…
TOTAL FEE – Esthetics:
Our total fee includes, Tuition, Textbooks, Tools and Equipment!
Enrollment & Entrance Requirements
Classes start on Tuesday of each sixth week and the entrance requirements are as follows:
- Must have a valid high school diploma, GED certificate or transcript or 12th grade high school transcript
- Have attained the age of 17 before applying to take the Missouri State Board Exam
- Proof of age – Birth Certificate, Drivers License or US Passport
- Have a personal interview with a school official
- Pass an entrance exam
- Complete a State Board Enrollment Application (supplied through the Missouri State Board of Cosmetology)
- Complete a College Enrollment Agreement
- Provide four 2×2 pictures, taken within the last two years
- $5.00 money order payable to the Missouri State Board of Cosmetology & Barber Examiners for student license
The Missouri State Board requires two years of high school for the Esthetics Course. This College requires a Diploma, GED certificate or transcript or a 12th grade high school transcript.
The Missouri State Board requires a minimum of 750 hours for the Esthetics Course. This College’s Esthetics Course is 1,125 hours + 75 hours of continuing education to fulfill the CIDESCO requirement.
The College can provide information on licensure in other states.
Gainful Employment Disclosures
Campus Safety and Security: http://ope.ed.gov/security/
The Esthetics Director, Susan Crane, is available to answer detailed questions regarding the CIDESCO esthetics course on Mondays. You may call her at 816-252-4247.